for BitHope Foundation’s bitcoin donations website https://bithope.org
Welcome to the BitHope.org website!
These ToU do not consider or regulate any questions, stemming from or resulting from the provision of services and links to other websites, platforms and third-party software, in as much these services are not provided by the BitHope Foundation.
I. The Foundation
The BitHope Foundation is a non-governmental organization (“NGO”), registered in accordance with Bulgarian Law on Non-profit Legal Entities (LNLE) with BULSTAT 176798783 and headquarters at: res. complex Strelbishte, 26, Kestenova gora str., fl. 3, ap.4, Sofia 1404, Bulgaria (“The Foundation”). The Foundation acts in compliance with applicable legislation and applies AML Policy for control and prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorist activities, approved by the State Agency for National Security.
The Foundation’s website https://bithope.org (“Website”) allows donors to contribute charity campaigns by donating virtual money in accordance with their views and preferences. The Foundation provides an innovative website for accumulation of online donations in support of charitable campaigns. The website facilitates creation of a network of donors , who can use cutting age means and technologies for providing financial recourses .
“bitcoin” – used anywhere in these ToU in accordance to the definition of the European Banking Authority as type of unregulated, digital money with no commodity-backed value, which is used and accepted among the members of a specific virtual community.
“Website” – a connected group of pages under the bithope.org domain name in the World Wide Web, regarded as a single entity, maintained by the Foundation and devoted to providing information on charitable campaigns and allowing financing through the use of bitcoins.
“Campaign” – an online fundraising campaign, organized on the website in accordance with the agreement between the beneficiary and the BitHope Foundation.
“Donor” – a person, company or organization that donates bitcoins or parts of a bitcoin to campaigns on the website.
“Donation” – freely provided and determined by the donor amount of bitcoins or parts of a bitcoin, that financially supports an active charitable campaign on the website.
“Beneficiary” – a Bulgarian or foreign legal entity , registered in accordance with the applicable law of the jurisdiction at the place of registration, whose proposed charitable campaign meets the conditions of the BitHope Foundation.
“User” – a person accepting the ToU by using the website and/or making a donation.
III. Website access
By using this site, the user declares and guarantees that all information provided herein is true and accurate, and he is of full age, respectively in case of underage persons the availability of consent of the parents or the legal representatives and that his use of the website does not infringe applicable laws of the local legislation. The Foundation may refuse or block access to the website without prior notice in case of the lack of requirements specified above.
Donations to the charity campaigns on the website do not require registration of a user profile. Donations can be sent by a scan of QR code, copying of Bitcoin address or by selecting the “Donate now” button.
The Foundation authorizes users and donors to access this website, only if they use its resources responsibly and lawfully, and guarantee that by using the website do not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of third parties and/or do not violate any other property rights or obligations to third parties. Except for the donation purposes, incorporated in the present limited, non exclusive license, no part of the website cannot be understood as or interpreted as granting of licenses or property rights, including intellectual property rights. By accepting these ToU, the user acknowledge that all rights, property rights and legal interests related to the services rendered and website resources are property of the Foundation or its licensors.
The website is administered from the office of the Foundation in Sofia, Bulgaria. The Foundation does not provide any guarantees that the website and its services are appropriate or accessible to other geographical locations. The users who access the website from territories outside of Bulgaria do so on their own initiative and are responsible for their actions in accordance with the applicable laws of the respective jurisdiction.
The user license granted herein requires compliance with the following restrictions, prohibitions and obligations:
1. The user is obliged to:
a. Access the website’s resources through the technologies and means provided by the website and available through its normal functionality and in accordance with the goals of the Foundation and the website’s purpose;
b. Not destruct or deactivate partially or entirely the full functionality of the website Not upload, publish, share, forward, distribute or make available of content that is illegal, abusive, libelous , threatening, harmful , obscene in nature or contains defamatory , racist, sexual , discriminatory, violent or inciting to violence or terror acts or any other objectionable words, phrases, appeals, claims and qualifications;
c. Not infringe copyrights or other intellectual property rights, the privacy rights , rights of publicity, or any other proprietary rights and legitimate interests of others.
d. Not violate intentionally or unintentionally, any local law of another country or the rules of international law or the provisions of these ToU.
e. Not distribute, forward, redirect , share or otherwise make available or visible any unauthorized advertising, marketing, promotional and other materials or means for search and solicitation of clients, unsolicited commercial messages etc ., which the Foundation has not explicitly authorized.
2. Any of the following acts committed by user shall be deemed forbidden:
b. The use of any automated or non-automated processes for collecting, storing, archiving or retrieving information about other users, donors or beneficiaries of campaigns from the site or attempts to systematically extract information from the website’s databases.
c. Hiding, shadowing, deleting, removing or any other kind of hindering the visibility and the access to the website or any content and information available on it or on other platforms where the website’s services or content is available.
d. Circumvention, removal, or manipulation of any elements of the website’s protection and any implemented technical measures protecting the website from unauthorized access by hackers and other destructive, malicious attacks and destructive actions, including any actions that have the purpose or effect of blocking access to the website or loading and/or distributing illegal content, the destruction in whole or in part of the functionality of the website, theft or loss of data from the website.
e. Hindering access or restricting in any way the access of users, donors to any part of the website.
f. Perpetrating a fraud and other illegal activities or actions contrary to the principles of morality, rules of ethical use of the Internet, the positive spirit of the website and its services and efforts of the Foundation to give hope and a chance of support to noble causes.
In case of proven or upon suspicion of violations in the use of the website or upon violation of the ToU of the Foundation, please contact us, following this link.
Anyone who owns, trades, exchanges or donates bitcoins must be aware that the bitcoin price or value is volatile, can change quickly, can be reduced and eventually even be equal to 0.
1. Donors for a campaign need to possess Bitcoin wallet, through which directly can be send bitcoins or parts of a bitcoin to the Bitcoin address of the certain campaign by: Copying the Bitcoin address of the campaign or that of the Foundation and pasting it in the “recipient” field of his Bitcoin wallet on their personal computer (PC), mobile device or account at a bitcoin exchange.
2. Scanning the campaign’s QR code or that of the Foundation, which contains the Bitcoin address of the campaign, and sending bitcoins or parts of a bitcoin to that address by initiating a transaction from their mobile Bitcoin wallet application.
3. Entering their name or alias, e-mail address and amount of bitcoins or parts of a bitcoin that they want to donate and then applying one of the methods explained in points 1 and 2.
4. Donation in BGN to the Foundation can be made through the CoinFixer.com website (property of the Foundation) by moving the donation slider or entering an amount in BGN in the field above the donation slider while purchasing bitcoins, litecoins or dash.
5. Donation in bitcoins to any active campaign on the website of the Foundation can be made using the CoinFixer.com website by pasting the campaign’s Bitcoin address in the “Bitcoin address” field while purchasing bitcoins from the CoinFixer.com website.
The Donor chooses to and donates to a campaign at their own discretion and risk. The Foundation reserves its right to refuse to process or finish a donation transaction or deal if such actions are required by law or in response to a subpoena, court order or any other compulsory act of state. The Foundation will reverse completed bitcoin transactions to a Bitcoin address of a campaign or to its own Bitcoin address as a last resort and in relation to the provisions of the previous sentence.
Distribution of donated funds
1. The funds collected for each campaign shall be distributed in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract between the Foundation and the beneficiary of the campaign.
2. The financial purpose for each campaign is the sum announced as required by the beneficiary plus 5% that are used for the continued operation of the Foundation, with the exception of the campaigns in the “External” category. All funds sent to campaigns in the “External” category go directly to Bitcoin address of the beneficiary and cannot be accessed by the Foundation. The Foundation has no contractual relations with the beneficiary of campaigns, included in the “External” category and has no control on the spending of the donated funds.
3. In the event that less than 50 Euros in bitcoins generated in the period of activity of a campaign, then 100% of the funds shall be transferred to the beneficiary with no funds remaining for the Foundation.
4. All funds that generated by a campaign that is not in the “External” category and the fund cannot be reached shall be directed to the beneficiary, subject to the provisions of points 1 and 3 above According to the terms and conditions in the contract with the beneficiary, the Foundation must be provided with a feedback and information regarding the spending of the funds in a way that, cannot be different from the campaign's goals announced in the website. The Foundation shall undertake all necessary steps to ensure the proper allocation of all funds collected from campaigns and shall acquire a feedback from the beneficiaries and information regarding the spending of funds collected for each campaign.
IV. Limitation of Liability
The Foundation shall undertake every effort to provide consumers with uninterrupted access to the website, to carry out maintenance and renovation actions and to ensure good quality management. Updates on the website, including changes in its content and resources shall be made at the discretion of the Foundation and without obligations of notifying or providing a written notice to the users of the website, accept in cases in which this could affect the proper receipt of their donations and their use.
The Foundation shall not be liable for:
1. The quality of related services with regard to the availability of Internet connection, social networks, platforms and other resources, which are not subject to the direct will and control of the Foundation.
2. The quality of the Services as a result of using by the user of faulty technical means, devices and/or incorrectly configured software, as well as for reasons for which is liable the Internet provider of the user.
3. Any future damage:
a. Caused by inaccurate, false or misleading information or data submitted by donors, beneficiaries and users of the website or from other sources available on the website, as well as damages caused by unsolicited electronic exchange (spam), viruses and malware.
b. Incurred as a result of force majeure or due to causes beyond the reasonable control of the Foundation.
c. Direct, indirect, special or incidental, and/or arising out of or relating to the use of software programs installed on your computer or mobile device.
The Foundation shall not liable for any additional costs associated with the use of the website, including, but not limited to, financial loss, loss of data, costs of replacement of software, third party claims etc.
The Foundation shall not control and shall not be liable for any other services and content, which are available on the websites of all external sources to which the website forward by means of hyper links In case that the user has any doubts as to the quality of the website concerning its content or reliability, the user shall not use any part of the website. In any other cases if the user continues using the website despite of these doubts or reserves, The Foundation calls the attention to the fact that these users shall be fully liable about their decision with all related consequences.
V. Compensation and Damages
The Foundation reserves the right to seek, using all legal means, protection and compensation for committed or alleged violations of this ToU, including, but not limited to, the right to block access from an IP address to the website, while this does not waive the responsibility and free the user from the obligation to pay for all damages incurred by the Foundation.
VI. Intellectual Property
The site contains images, captions, logos, drawings, games, drawings, charts, graphs, trademarks, databases and software owned or licensed by the Foundation and protected by the Bulgarian, European and other applicable copyright laws, conventions and other intellectual property rights. Reproduction and use of the website, its content or any element subject to intellectual property rights can be done only with the explicit written consent of the Foundation or its licensors.
The license for use of the site does not provide users with any rights to the objects of intellectual property as a whole or in part.
VII. Applicable Law and Disputes
The application and the interpretation of these ToU are governed by the Bulgarian law.
The provisions of the effective law of Republic of Bulgaria shall apply to all matters unsettled herein shall apply.
Any disputes related with the use of the website, which may not be resolved by way of negotiations and mutual consent, shall be referred to the competent Bulgarian court.
If you have questions about the Foundation, these ToU or any other matter relating to the use of the site, contact us by following this link.
In force as from 05.08.2015
© 2017 The BitHope Foundation | All rights are reserved | www.BitHope.org